Housing is a human right.
The housing crisis in Ottawa is growing by the day and we need to take action in the city to ensure that everyone has a place to call home.
We can do this by:
- Increasing tenant protections against renoviction and demoviction
- Preserving affordable housing units and building and acquiring more city-owned affordable housing rentals
- Taking a housing-first approach to homelessness
- Licencing landlords to enforce maintenance standards across all rental units
- Ensuring that emergency and supportive services are offered in all areas of the city
- Increasing inclusionary zoning to all areas of the city, and not just near transit stations