Hey, I’m Laura. I’m a mom, a community advocate and a runner. And I want to run for something new: to be your Rideau-Vanier councillor. I love Vanier, Sandy Hill and Lowertown and I am proud to live and work here!
We need to do city business differently. Politics should be engaging, accessible and inclusive! Everyone in our city should be welcomed to the table to share their knowledge and experiences.
Rideau-Vanier is a great community with welcoming neighbours and beautiful greenspace, right in the heart of our city. But we can make this ward an even better place to live, work and play.
I want to make sure that Rideau-Vanier is a real gem. With your help, I want to:
- Improve transit and active transportation so everyone can get around easily and safely;
- Create affordable, good quality housing so that everyone has a place to call home;
- Build a strong community for everyone, not just the well-off and well-connected;
- Set and meet aggressive climate goals for a safe environment;
- Prioritize community justice to ensure that everyone feels safe and included in our neighbourhood.
If these ideas are the change you want to see for Rideau-Vanier and Ottawa, get in touch to learn more!